Temple St. Clair LLC (“Temple St. Clair,” “we”, “us” or “our”) respects you (“you” or “your”) concerns about privacy.
Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone through Temple St. Clair, you must read the applicable Conditions of Sale, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We may obtain personal information about you in different ways: (1) information you provide to us; (2) information we collect and receive from others; and (3) information we collect when you use the Platforms. We collect the information from you as detailed below:
Information You Provide to Us
- To access certain areas of our Platforms, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Temple St. Clair to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. Our third-party payment processor service provider, Shopify, may also collect billing information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, credit card or debit card number, and billing and shipping addresses. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), or when you submit feedback, comments, or any other information through the Website, or otherwise engage with any interactive portions of our Website, or when you provide your details when you visit a Temple St. Clair boutique or contact Temple St. Clair client services or brand ambassador by telephone. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training, and development purposes.
Information We Collect or Receive from Others
We may update and supplement personal information that we have collected directly from you with other information that we obtain from third parties.
- If you choose to interact with Temple St. Clair via a social media platform or other third-party service, we may collect the information you have provided to us through that platform, such as your profile picture, contact list, education, work history, events, relationship status, likes, gender, location, URL, biography, or any additional image or information;
Information We Collect Automatically
We, ourselves, or through a third-party vendor, may collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, such as the information identified below and as described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect":
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location;
- information about your visits and use of the Platforms, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used;
- mobile network information, such as the unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes, when you access the Website via a browser on that device;
- information collected by cookies, web beacons (including pixels and tags) and other technologies (collectively “Cookies”) (for more information on Cookies, please see the section on Cookies below).
We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
We use this data to (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Platforms; (3) personalize your visit to the Platforms and when you use the Platforms; (4) measure the usability of the Platforms and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance the Platforms.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfill purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Manage your inquiries and requests;
- Send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation, information regarding changes to our policies, terms and conditions, as well as other information, including newsletters, announcements, or other information about us;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third-party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our clients;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure, including activities that violate our policies, terms of service, or the law, or to to prevent other criminal activity that compromises our ability to protect our rights and property, secure our services, your data or the safety of our customers, employees and others; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies.
- In compliance with relevant law, we may retain information as needed or appropriate to serve our legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are stored on your computer, mobile device, or other Internet-connected device. They are generally used to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as web beacons or pixels. A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to servers and may be used to transmit information collected through Cookies back to a web server. We refer to all of these technologies as “Cookies” for purposes of this notice. Cookies are widely used to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
THERE ARE TWO BROAD CATEGORIES OF COOKIES:
- First party cookies, served directly by Temple St. Clair to your computer, mobile device, or other Internet-connected device. They are used only by Temple St. Clair to recognize your computer, mobile device, or other Internet-connected device when it revisits our Platforms.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third-party service provider on our Platforms and can be used by the service provider to recognize your computer, mobile device, or other Internet-connected device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
WHAT COOKIES DOES TEMPLE ST. CLAIR USE?Our Platforms serve only the following types of Cookies to your computer, mobile device, or other Internet-connected device:
TYPE OF COOKIE / PURPOSE
These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Disabling these Cookies will encumber our Platform’s performance and may make certain services and features unavailable.
These Cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance, and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product, or other platform preferences.
Functional Cookies include both session Cookies and persistent Cookies, as described above.
These Cookies, including those from third parties, are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform.
Analytics Cookies collect information about your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, other system settings, IP-address, referring URLs, information on actions taken on the Platforms and the dates and times of your visits, as well as the country and time zone in which your device is located. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. They may also collect information relating to the number of visitors to our Platforms, the platforms that referred them to our Platforms and the pages that they visited on our Platforms.
We use this information to help run our Platforms more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platforms.
These Cookies may be provided by third-party analytics providers, including Google Analytics, and the information obtained through these Cookies will be disclosed to or collected directly by these third-party service providers. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
These Cookies, including those from third parties, are aimed at creating profiles related to you and are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests in line with your preferences expressed while surfing the web. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion. Some of these Cookies are persistent Cookies, which remain on your computer or other Internet-connected device for a certain period of time after you end your browsing session, unless you delete them, as described above.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
These Cookies are third party cookies (e.g. Facebook/Meta) that allow you to interact with social media platforms. The companies that serve these Cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
You can set your Cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that Cookies from this Platform cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that cookie-based opt-outs may not be effective on mobile interfaces. However, on many mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings.
You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, and opt out of certain targeted advertising by using the following links:
(a) Facebook: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SETTINGS/?TAB=ADS
(b) Google: HTTPS://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/SETTINGS/ADS/ANONYMOUS
(c) Bing: HTTPS://ADVERTISE.BINGADS.MICROSOFT.COM/EN-US/RESOURCES/POLICIES/PERSONALIZED-ADS
Please note that cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. For example, if you have opted-out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt-out on each device.
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times, and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platforms and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymize and share this information with advertisers, sponsors, or other businesses.
The Platforms use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioral ads by visiting the third-party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third party’s opt-out options.
Some of the services that we provide are able to use information about your location. For these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process information deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons, or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalized service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”, including (i) order fulfillment and warehousing; (ii) web hosting, analytics and related services; (iii) customer service activities such as inquiries and shipping; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Platforms. In addition to using your information to help us provide the Platforms, service providers may use your personal information internally to improve their own services and may share it in connection with a sale, divestiture, or transfer of business assets; to protect their rights; or to comply with the law. In addition, our providers may share your personal information with their own third-party service providers;
- we will disclose your personal information to analytics service providers and advertisers to collect information about how you use our Platforms over time and across different services. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand your online activity. Some companies may use information collected on our Platforms to deliver advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, targeted to your interests and preferences, on other websites or apps you may visit or on your social media feed and to gauge their effectiveness.
- we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing de-identified data.
EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are an EU resident and we are processing your personal information, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to have information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete corrected.
- Right to be forgotten: In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to request that we erase from our records the information that we hold about you.
- Right to restriction of processing: In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your information.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have provided consent for the processing of your information you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
- Right of portability: In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your information such as direct marketing (to the extent applicable).
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: You have the right to not be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling (to the extent applicable).
- Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint to your country's data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal information.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using our Platforms, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platforms, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a restriction of its use. However, even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on our Platforms and for other legal purposes.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below. To learn more about your rights as a consumer and to receive less national advertising mail, please visit the Direct Marketing Association at http://www.dmachoice.org.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing email@example.com or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Temple St. Clair marketing e-mails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, in accordance with applicable laws.
You have the right to stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or other Internet-connected device as set forth in the section titled How to control or delete cookies.
If you wish to do any of the above, you may send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may refuse to comply with a request if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive in nature or if the request is for erasure of personal information, i.e., where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for record-keeping and research purposes. We also may be entitled to refuse your request, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
All media containing credit card information is stored at third-party datacenters with physical access controls in place that meet PCI (payment card industry) standards and is subject to those third-party policies regarding data privacy and security.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Platform is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not use the Platform and should not submit any personal information to us.
TSC LLC 594 Broadway New York, NY 10012
STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
For our customers residing in California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut and Utah, state law grants you additional rights under applicable law. As a resident of these jurisdictions, you may have certain rights to delete any personal information about you which the business has collected from you, to request that a business that collects personal information about you disclose to you certain information or to opt-out of the sharing of personal information with third parties for marketing and advertising purposes. You may submit a request to us through e-mail at email@example.com.
We may not be able to honor each request that we receive and may not be required to do so under applicable laws, but if we are unable to do so, we will respond to let you know our reasons. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.
By using this web site, you consent to the collection and use of information by Temple St Clair, LLC.