Careers: Sales & Merchandising Analyst
ABOUT THE ROLE
The goal of the Sales & Merchandising Analyst is to drive the business through strategic merchandise planning, sales performance reporting and commercial analysis. You will be a key member of our team that will enlighten the wholesale, DTC and design teams on how the business is performing and where there are opportunities. You will report directly to the SVP of Sales & Marketing and will spearhead the development of the brand’s sales & merchandise planning and reporting capabilities. This is an important role with an ability to create something and make an impact.
Sales Analysis & Reporting
- Produce weekly reports recapping sales by channel, by customer, by product and by door. Dive deeper at the product level to summarize performance by collection, classification, color / material and price point.
- Partner with DTC team to recap product performance and suggest opportunities.
- Weekly assessment of our main wholesale partners’ sell thru and establishing action plans to improve them.
- Partner with wholesale sales team in prepping for market by creating hindsight analysis recaps and financial overviews.
- Ad hoc reporting for senior management.
- Partner with & influence Design & Product Development to analyze business drivers and execute strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a framework to present Design & Product Development with a roadmap for new product development, highlighting areas we should intensify and areas where there is whitespace.
- Recommend buys, in coordination with wholesale and DTC teams, based on thorough analysis of retail business prior to each market to achieve increased sales and turn.
- Partner with inventory planner to communicate sell thru trends as well as projected changes in wholesale replenishment demand.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong ability to structure, analyze and manipulate large amount of data in excel quickly (e.g., pivot tables, vlookup, data cleaning, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust to competing and shifting priorities
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, motivated to learn
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Luxury experience and product sensitivity a plus